G1. Ethics for the Tax Professional and Circular 230 Revisited | On-Demand
- Course Description
IRS: Ethics 2 CPE
NASBA: Ethics 2 CPE
This course discusses the issues of Ethics and covers Treasury Regulations in Circular 230. Topics to be addressed include rules governing authority to practice, duties and restrictions related to practicing before the IRS, issues regarding fees and solicitation, and standards for tax returns under Circular 230. Also included is a discussion of the requirements of the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP). Course encourages class participation of real life challenges.
- Learning Objectives
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to describe the rules in Treasury Regulation Circular 230 that govern practice before the IRS, best practices for tax advisors, identify the standards for preparing tax returns and other documents, and the importance of the PTIN. Participants will also understand that many ethical issues are not always readily solvable without using due diligence and standards of practice.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of On-Demand orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- On-Demand materials and On-Demand presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- On-Demand materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- On-Demand require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the On-Demand course by taking the test.