Representation Before the IRS Aiding Your Client | Phoenix , Special Topics
- Course Description
Enrolled agents, CPAs, lawyers and others in tax practice have the ability to represent taxpayers before the IRS in audit, examination, and collection situations. This course is designed to increase your knowledge of IRS procedures when guiding your client through the examination process. This course enhances the Tax Professional’s knowledge of the IRS audit process, the conduct of an IRS examination, and the IRS collection process. Upon completion of this course, the participant will have a road map of the steps needed to effectively represent the taxpayer before the IRS and reach a consensus decision that is acceptable to the IRS and the taxpayer.
- Learning Objectives
This course provides the Tax Professional with the ability to do the following:
- Learn best practices when working with the IRS compliance divisions
- Understand the IRS structure and rules regarding audit and exam
- Recognize the appeals process available to taxpayers
- Identify the collection process and penalty provisions in the Internal Revenue Code
- Follow the audit process of the IRS
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
This varies by location and seminars. Please check your specific course schedule for more details.
Yes. Each attendee will need to make their own travel and hotel reservations.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Refunds or transfers to future education are allowed up to 7 days prior to the beginning of the course.
- A $25 administrative fee will be charged for all course changes.
- There are no partial refunds or discounts if a portion of the course is missed.
- Once the Course Materials PDF is emailed, refunds are no longer available for that course.
- Registrations must be received no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of the course.
- Registrations received after this date will be subject to a $35 late fee.
- A $25 administration fee will be charged for all course changes.
- An administrative charge of $25 will be assessed when any requested course changes are made.
- Live courses may not be retaken without additional payment.
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is cancelled, participants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- We do not accept walk-in attendees. Payment must be received in advance of the class.
- Special Topics materials and Special Topics presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- Special Topics materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- Only paid registrants can attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins.
- Executive/Charter Members will be charged a $150.00 administration fee if they fail to cancel a course registration and fail to appear for the seminar.