Basic 1040 Tax Course | Live Stream
- Course Description
Learn to Prepare the 1040 Tax Return | 8 Sessions of 2 Hours Each
16 CPE Total Credits over 8 Sessions
This course will provide the information you need, both basic concepts and technical details, for preparing individual income taxes. Whether you’re new to preparing taxes, or need a refresher in the basics, this is the course for you! A strong technical foundation helps you to prepare most individual tax returns upon completion of the course.
Taught by NSTP instructors, the course is live-streaming online, and includes review questions, study questions and learning activities!
After every two chapters, there is a quiz, and after every four chapters, a final exam to test knowledge and retention. The online Student Resource Center contains Tax Law Updates, the course Glossary, and general resources.
Thursday, January 6, 2022 Part 1 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, January 10, 2022 Part 2 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, January 13, 2022 Part 3 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, January 17, 2022 Part 4 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, January 20, 2022 Part 5 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, January 24, 2022 Part 6 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, January 27, 2022 Part 7 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, January 31, 2022 Part 8 of 8 2 CPE of 16
1:00pm - 3:00pm PT | 2:00pm - 4:00pm MT | 3:00pm - 5:00pm CT | 4:00pm - 6:00pm ET
- Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, a student should be qualified to:Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Each individual taking the live stream or webinar must register under their own name and unique email. The course link will be sent to the email of the registrant. One participant only per email.
- NSTP is not tech support, we will send you to either of these sites before further troubleshooting your technical issue.
- Before attending a Live Stream, YOU MUST review our System Requirements below and test your system. Please test on the device, browser, and network you will be using when attending a webinar.
- If you are a Dial-in user, you must ALSO have a screen to view and respond with, or you will not earn CPE.
- Each participant must click on the pop-ups or answer the poll questions that appear on the screen during the live stream or webinar. Failure to do so will result in no CPE being awarded for that live-stream or webinar.
- Live Stream presentations are conducted online and are interactive visual and audio presentations.
- There is no support to earn Live Stream CPE by listening on a phone only. Listening (without video) will not supply the required opportunity to click on pop-ups or polling questions.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of each NSTP course, Live Stream orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- Course changes are not available for Live Stream.
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is cancelled, participants will be transferred to another similar course or refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- Live Stream materials and Live Stream presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- Live Stream materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- Only paid registrants can attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins.