Summary of Legislation Pre and Post COVID-19
- Course Description
This course provides an overview of the challenges that Tax Professionals are experiencing as a result of changes imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic in the legislation enacted in the CARES Act, the Family First Coronavirus Response Act, and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. Tax Professionals are also dealing with the changes of the Disaster Act, the SECURE Act and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. This presentation highlights the struggles and challenges of working with the IRS during the period of administrative shutdowns during most of 2020, that carried over into 2021. This course is an excellent preview course for NSTP’s 5 hour CPE course titled “Challenges Experienced in the 2021 Filing Season and Legislative Changes.”
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, Tax Professionals will have an excellent introduction to the events that took place prior to and during the 2020 and 2021 filing seasons.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.