Challenges Experienced in the 2021 Filing Season and Legislative Updates
- Course Description
This course reviews the challenges that Tax Professionals experienced during the 2021 tax filing season as a result of changes imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic in the CARES Act and Family First Coronavirus Response Act. Tax Professionals also dealt with the changes of the Disaster Act, the SECURE Act, and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 enacted on December 27, 2020. The presentation reviews the struggles and challenges of trying to work with the IRS during the odd year of administrative shutdowns during most of 2020 that carried over to 2021. The course also includes an overview of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 which was enacted on March 11, 2021 during the heat of the 2021 filing season.
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, Tax Professionals will have a recap of the events that took place during this odd period that caused the preparation and processing of federal tax returns to be filled with challenges, delays, and the nightmares of filing tax returns in 2021. The Tax Professional will also attain knowledge about the retroactive provisions from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.