EA SEE Test Prep Part I Individuals
EA SEE Test Prep Part I Individuals 5 CPE
CTEC: Tax Law 5 CPE
Topics will include:
Preliminary work to prepare tax returns, Income and Assets, Deductions and Credits, Taxation and Advice, Specialized Returns for Individuals
This course is based on the new 2019 Tax Rules
Identify the overall format for computing tax liability, including the key components of gross income, deductions for and from adjusted gross income, tax liability, and prepayments and credits
Determine deductions, filing status, and requirements to file.
Recognize special gross income and related exclusion rules for a variety of sources of income, including salaries and wages, fringe benefits, dividends, interest, rents, annuities and social security
Apply the special deduction rules for passive losses, alimony, and other expenses allowed as deductions for adjusted gross income
Identify the major categories of itemized deductions and related limitations
Identify capital assets and apply the basic netting rules for capital gains and losses
Calculate recognized gain or loss and basis on various sales or exchanges of personal and investment properties, including installment sales
Review and apply the basic rules for refundable and nonrefundable personal credits
Recognize special issues and computations related to estimated taxes, the alternative minimum tax, and the allocable parental tax
Understand the qualifications for contributions to Individual Retirement Accounts and possible limits and/or restrictions on related deductions
Identify the key components of the federal estate tax and gift tax in determining federal transfer tax liabilities
Recognize key issues in gathering taxpayer data, preparing returns, and advising taxpayers as to various tax minimization strategies
- Registrations must be received no later than 7 days prior to the seminar date.
- Registrations received after this date will be subject to a $35 late fee.
- NSTP provides refunds to registrants up to 7 days prior to the date of the course. For those registrants canceling within 14 days prior to the date of the course NSTP will allow attendance at another seminar site. If there are extraordinary circumstances NSTP will allow the participant to attend a future education course. An administrative charge of $25 will be assessed if canceled. For more information regarding refund, cancellation and complaint policies, please contact our offices at 800-367-8130
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- We do not accept walk-in attendees. Payment must be received in advance of the class. Classes may not be retaken without payment.
- Seminar materials and seminar presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees the useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any particular tax procedure, tax planning technique or device or suggestion or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual's reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials and during the seminar presentation before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any particular device, technique or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on a client's or on his or her own behalf.
- Only paid registrants are able to attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins. The seminar lunch is for paid registrants only and is included in the registration fee.