COVID-19 Tax Legislation Issues Facing Tax Professionals - Live Streaming
This course is an in-depth follow-up to NSTP’s introductory course on the Family First Coronavirus Response Act and CARES Act presented on Day 1. The course reviews the basic issues of the Legislation and then drills down into the application of provisions for income tax preparation purposes.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act H.R. 6201 includes the details of the credits created as a result of the
Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and
Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion Act
The calculations of the Employee Retention Credits will be reviewed which was created by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) H.R. 748.
The course will discuss all the Federal Tax provisions of the CARES Act which actually changes some of the provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). The course discusses who is eligible for which provisions and how to apply the law and when it is applicable. The course will review guidance provided by the IRS and the SBA on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans. The session will review new IRS Forms, procedures, elections and rulings pertaining to the Legislation. The course will cover illustrations, examples and calculations of specified provisions.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will have a better understanding of PPP Loans and knowledge on how, when, and why to apply the Legislation enacted for servicing their clients. The participant will be aware of current activity coming out of Congress, the White House and the IRS and other governmental agencies involving COVID-19. The course will also review retroactive changes made to the Internal Revenue Code.
IRS: Federal Tax Law Update 5 CPE
CTEC: Tax Update CPE
NASBA: Taxes 5 CPE
- Registrations must be received no later than 7 days prior to the seminar date.
- Registrations received after this date will be subject to a $35 late fee.
- NSTP provides refunds to registrants up to 7 days prior to the date of the course. For those registrants canceling within 14 days prior to the date of the course NSTP will allow attendance at another seminar site. If there are extraordinary circumstances NSTP will allow the participant to attend a future education course. An administrative charge of $25 will be assessed if canceled. For more information regarding refund, cancellation and complaint policies, please contact our offices at 800-367-8130
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- We do not accept walk-in attendees. Payment must be received in advance of the class. Classes may not be retaken without payment.
- Seminar materials and seminar presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees the useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any particular tax procedure, tax planning technique or device or suggestion or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual's reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials and during the seminar presentation before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any particular device, technique or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on a client's or on his or her own behalf.
- Only paid registrants are able to attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins. The seminar lunch is for paid registrants only and is included in the registration fee.