2020 Federal Tax Update and Review Course - Phoenix
Federal Tax Law has changed significantly and particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get the information you need to prepare next season’s taxes at NSTP's Federal Tax Update & Review Course. This course is an in-depth study of Federal tax law and Federal tax updates needed for the successful preparation of tax returns for 2020. We are offering this 8 CPE course live in several locations. NSTP’s outstanding, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors provide premier education. Topics to be covered include:
- Current Tax Legislation from provisions of the Disaster Act, SECURE Act, Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the CARES Act as they apply to Federal income taxes
- Review of applicable provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)
- Any new Tax Legislation that is enacted during the remainder of 2020
- IRS Announcements, Notices, Revenue Procedures and Revenue Rulings as applicable to the small tax practice
- Selected Tax Court cases of relevance to the small tax practice
- Updated and new IRS Forms
- Annually updated provisions as affected by inflation, due to the "Chained Consumer Price Index for all Urban Consumers" (C-CPI-U)
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to differentiate Federal tax law changes from the previous year, identify updated forms and rule changes and apply rules of federal tax law to preparing tax returns and providing tax advice to clients.
- Registrations must be received no later than 7 days prior to the seminar date.
- Registrations received after this date will be subject to a $35 late fee.
- NSTP provides refunds to registrants up to 7 days prior to the date of the course. For those registrants canceling within 14 days prior to the date of the course NSTP will allow attendance at another seminar site. If there are extraordinary circumstances NSTP will allow the participant to attend a future education course. An administrative charge of $25 will be assessed if canceled. For more information regarding refund, cancellation and complaint policies, please contact our offices at 800-367-8130
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- We do not accept walk-in attendees. Payment must be received in advance of the class. Classes may not be retaken without payment.
- Seminar materials and seminar presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees the useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any particular tax procedure, tax planning technique or device or suggestion or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual's reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials and during the seminar presentation before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any particular device, technique or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on a client's or on his or her own behalf.
- Only paid registrants are able to attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins. The seminar lunch is for paid registrants only and is included in the registration fee.