Individual Taxpayers Can View Their Tax Account Info – Here’s How
Taxpayers with questions about their federal tax accounts can logon to IRS.gov for answers. Individual taxpayers can login to the View Your Account Information page to view specific details about their federal tax account information.
Taxpayers can view:
- Their payoff amount, which is updated for the current day.
- The balance for each tax year for which they owe taxes.
- Their payment history.
- Key information from the their most current tax return as originally filed.
After viewing their information, a taxpayer can:
- Select an electronic payment option.
- Set up an online payment agreement.
- Go directly to Get Transcript.
Taxpayer’s balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight. Taxpayers should also allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to show up in the payment history.
To access their information online, taxpayers must register through Secure Access. This is the agency’s two-factor authentication process that protectspersonal info. Taxpayers can review the Secure Access page process prior to starting registration.
Taxpayers can also visit IRS.gov to use many other self-service tools and helpful resources. These include “Where’s My Refund?” and the IRS2Go app. These are the best ways for taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. These tools are updated no more than once a day, so taxpayers are encouraged to only access their account once daily.