ICYMI: ICYMI: Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) Changes Impact You and Your Clients
EFTPS is now requiring all passwords be changed every 13 months and that all passwords now be between 12 and 30 characters (used to be between 8 and 12 characters).
To change your password:
- Login, https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/login/loginInitial
- Click on “Need a Password”
- Enter your EIN or SSN
- Enter your EFTPS® four-digit PIN
- Enter your banking information or last eight digits of your EFTPS® enrollment number
- Select next
- Create your new Internet password.
Passwords must be 12 to 30 characters long, are case sensitive, and include:
- At least one uppercase letter (A, B, C, etc.)
- At least one lowercase letter (a, b, c, etc.)
- At least one number (1, 2, 3, etc.) or one of the following characters (!, @, #, $, *, +, -)
Note: Passwords are case sensitive and cannot be the same as your last five passwords.
Also note: if you still cannot reset your password, wait one hour, then call 1-800-982-3526.
You will need:
- Your Tax ID number
- 4-digit PIN
- The last 8 digits of the enrollment number
You will get a temporary password after confirming your information. After logging in with the temporary password, you must change it to a personally chosen password.
If you have not changed your password in the EFTPS system in the last 13 months and your current password does not meet the new requirements for password length, the system will require you to change your password to the new character range listed above. If you have changed your password in the last 13 months and it is in the old 8 to 12 character range, your password should still be current and you should not have to change to the new password requirements until you reach that 13 month window.
If you have any questions you can visit EFTPS or call 1-800-555-8778.