KK1. Taxation of Rental Real Estate Transactions: From Acquisition to Operation To Disposition | On-Demand
- Course Description
This course discusses the federal income tax issues on the acquisition, operation and disposition of rental real estate. It reviews basis, depreciation, §469 Passive Activity Losses, §1250 Unrecaptured Depreciation and levels of Capital Gain and Loss recognition. Issues concerning transactions effected by the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” will be reviewed where applicable.
- Learning Objectives
At the completion of this course the Tax Professional will:
- Identify the tax considerations when acquiring rental real estate and the different ways of acquiring it
- Determine costs allowed to be deducted as §162 operating expenses, treatment of repairs and maintenance, and §263 capitalization issues and calculate the proper adjusted basis of the property
- Calculate the capital gain or loss realized vs. recognized when the property is disposed of in a sale or exchange
- Understand the tax consequences of a disposition via an outright sale, §453 installment Sale, and §1031 Like-kind Exchange transaction
- Understand the federal income tax consequences of §1038 Reacquisition of Real Estate when the buyer defaults on a §453 Installment Sale Agreement
- Understand the federal income tax issues of §1033 Involuntary Conversion of Property
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of On-Demand orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- On-Demand materials and On-Demand presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- On-Demand materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- On-Demand require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the On-Demand course by taking the test.