GG1. §1031 Like-Kind Exchanges After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act | On-Demand
- Course Description
This course introduces the tax professional to the revision of the rules provided under the Internal Revenue Code addressing §1031 Like-Kind Exchange transactions after the enactment of the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” for transactions in tax years beginning after December 31, 2017.
The course reviews that §1031 is a mandatory provision dealing with the general rule that no gain or loss will be recognized for real property held for the productive use in a trade or business or for investment if it meets the identification and possession rules of §1031. The session will discuss the calculation of the deferred gain or loss and the calculation of the adjusted basis of the replacement property received under a §1031 transaction.
In addition, the course discusses related party transactions and §761 elections as well as the new rule of the disallowance of foreign real estate as a like-kind property.
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the webinar, the tax professional will have an understanding of the requirements of successfully reporting a §1031 transaction on Form 8824 which will determine any realized and recognized gain and the adjusted basis of the replacement property.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of On-Demand orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- On-Demand materials and On-Demand presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- On-Demand materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- On-Demand require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the On-Demand course by taking the test.