- Terms of Confidentiality
- Welcome to The National Society of Tax Professionals website. NSTP respects the privacy and confidentiality of its Members and other visitors to the site and is committed to ensuring online confidentiality. The NSTP website may only be used for authorized purposes. To protect and ensure online privacy and confidentiality, the following policy applies.
- The Collection of Information
- The primary reason that we collect and maintain your personal information is to serve you and administer our relationship with you. The types and categories of information we collect about you include:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms to join our membership, receive our educational materials or attend our seminars and other relevant information;
- Information about your transactions with us such as conference registrations and CPE credits.
- The data that NSTP collects are used to improve the site and to develop new products or services to benefit NSTP Members. Additionally, data may be used to update pages on the NSTP website to make them more relevant to Members and visitors and it may be used for responding to visitor and Member suggestions for improving the site. The only data stored are what users knowingly give NSTP and the anonymous statistics that the computer collects as users and visitors browse the website. This data includes what pages were visited, how often they were visited, how many people visited the website, both Members and non-Members, etc. NSTP uses this information to help improve the website for better maneuvering and accessibility during user’s online visits.
- We may disclose the personal information we collect to companies that perform administrative functions for us such as sending THE FEDERAL TAX ALERT and other publications and annual statements for dues.
- For general users, no personal information is collected when visiting the NSTP website. General statistics, such as most visited page and number of hits per page, are collected and used for internal purposes at NSTP.
- Third Party Disclosure
- We believe that you value your privacy, so we will not intentionally disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law, is at your direction, or is permitted by law and necessary to provide you with our services. We have not and will not sell your personal information to anyone. NSTP will not make available to third parties business phone and fax numbers or email addresses.
- Consent to Use Personal Information
- According to the Data Protection Act(s) of 1984 and 1998, data submitted by the user when registering for the NSTP website must be stored and processed in a lawful manner. NSTP fully complies with the terms of these Acts.
- Credit Card Account Information
- Credit card information submitted by users of the website is not used by NSTP except to provide users with services and/or products that have been ordered specifically by the users. NSTP does not disclose this information. Information collected through the website is submitted and processed in-house for internal and billing purposes.
- Links to other Websites
- Links to other websites are available on the NSTP website. NSTP is not responsible for the terms of confidentiality agreements and/or information on these sites. Please take appropriate care.Thank you for visiting the NSTP website. This confidentiality policy is posted for users to be aware of how NSTP uses information obtained from the NSTP website.
- For questions, please contact:
11700 NE 95th Street Unit #100, Vancouver, WA 98686
Phone: (800) 367-8130
Local Phone: (360) 695-8309
Fax: (360) 695-7115
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST